By: Lisa Harper
There’s no escaping our reliance on mobiles and their increasing ability to take on more tasks and reduce the need for us to have separate gadgets. Our cars are no exception, and app builders are continually coming up with apps to make our time driving easier and less stressful. Whether it’s avoiding traffic on your commute to work or finding a free parking space in a busy city, there are now plenty of apps to choose from.
1. TomTom – wave goodbye to the bulky SatNav unit with TomTom’s app available for Iphone or Android. Get the convenience of TomTom’s clutter free interface and easy functionality directly on your Smartphone. Free for the first 50 miles each month with unlimited options available for a subscription fee, the TomTom app offers a more comprehensive route guidance than other free smartphone apps available. With precise traffic information TomTom can update your journey to avoid areas of congestion, whilst Speed Camera alerts ensure you’re aware of the speed limit.
2. Beat the Traffic – Stay ahead of the game on your daily commute with this handy app that allows you to check the traffic conditions before you head out. This means you can adjust your route accordingly and helps prevent wasted hours stuck in traffic jams.
3. PetrolPrices – Whilst many of us will know where to head to get a decent fuel price at home, on long journeys or when away from home we can often get stung by inflated prices, or just struggle to locate a petrol station. Struggle no more this helpful App available for Andorid or IOS which locates the cheapest fuel near to you, no matter where you are in the country.
4. Spotify – Don’t be restricted to the radio, with the Spotify app you can listen to your favourite music on the go. With a comprehensive library of millions of tracks covering all genres, you’ll never get bored! Plus Spotify has a wealth of playlists ready for any occasion. Stream for free, or subscribe for offline listening and an ad free service.
5. AA Parking – Well worth the £1.99 it costs to download, with The AA Parking App, parking has never been easier. Gone are the days of a stressful and often monotonous drive around a city trying to locate a car park. With data on the UK and Ireland the app will help you find a parking spot. With real time availability you can see Car Parks with spaces available, view Park and Ride options, check the parking hours at a particular site and search for the nearest or cheapest parking options depending on your vehicle.
6. Motorway Services GB – Great for people who spend a large chunk of their time on the road, this App has comprehensive details on all service stations within the UK. See what facilities and shops are available before you stop.
7. Find My Car – We’ve all done it- parked up in a big multi-storey, gone off had a great day, then returned to the car park to find that we have no idea where we parked. Well worry no more this amazing app does what it says on the tin. Using GPS the exact location of your car is recorded. When returning to your car you can view your current position in relation to the car so you know where you need to go to return to your car or you can even use Google Navigation (or another external app) to get directions straight to where your car is parked.
8. Roadtrippers – Plan your next road trip the easy way. As well as providing information on the quickest route from A to B, the app also brings up points of interest, restaurants and hotels along the way, allowing you to make the most of your journey. Great for busy parents this app will transform your holiday drive from a chore into part of the experience.
9. iCarMode – Transform your phone into a handy dash with everything you need at your fingertips. Featuring large buttons and simple display to reduce distraction it is easier and safer to use on the move. Drivers can set up a customised dashboard with a host of features available including music, satnav, favourite contacts, places nearby and many more.
10. Carcorder – Dashcams are becoming a key trend within the car industry. However if you don’t want to shell out for a separate unit, this app provides a great alternative. It allows you to film footage using your phone whilst driving and can be really handy in the event of an incident. You can switch between recording, map view and the camera easily, giving greater functionality than just a Dashcam. The app also tracks your location and lets you know when you’re travelling over the speed limit.
Please note we record all our calls to ensure that we give you the service you deserve.
We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners
who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of
their services. You consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.
Some of these cookies are essential, while others help us to improve your experience by providing
insights into how the site is being used. For more detailed information on the cookies we use, please
*Your browser is currently set to 'Do Not Track' and therefore some options have been disabled. Please adjust your browser settings to enable these options to be chosen.
The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing
your browser preferences.
These cookies allow our website to remember information that changes the way the site looks or behaves,
so that you can personalise your experience.
We use statistic cookies to monitor page traffic on our website. This information enables us to improve
the website for visitors.
Social cookies allow us to track visits from our social pages and may be used to target adverts based on your social media preferences.
These cookies allow us to understand general customer behaviour and track where you have visited from,
which allows us to monitor the success of our marketing campaigns.
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user's experience more efficient.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
Your consent applies to the following domains: www.stoneacre.co.uk
Cookies are used to analyse web site traffic and are commonly used on the internet to make your browsing more efficient by remembering your preferences and tailoring its operation accordingly. Please be aware that cookies do not harm your system.
These cookies do not give us access to any personal information and although most webs browsers allow cookies they can be turned off if you wish by using your “help” facility. This may prevent you taking full advantage of our web site.